Sunday, May 09, 2010

Why I don't shop at Sears

It's simple: I bought a gas stove from them, opting for the "deluxe install." Paid extra for that service. When they showed up, the installer dude (after depositing my old stove in the truck in a condition unsuitable for return) said "we don't hook them up. We don't even have the flex hose." I pointed to the receipt for "deluxe install" pointing at "set up and operation." He refused. Got his boss on the cell phone. Boss said "we don't do that."

I pointed out I was getting screwed, and this was their last chance to make it right. "My family has bought Sears appliances for decades. This will be the last one. Install or refund?" "Nope."

I will never shop at Sears ever, ever again. I recommend others avoid the place too. I really enjoy tossing their ads out of the sunday paper.  Sears sucks. Hope they crash and burn.

2 comments:

SearsCare said...

To Eightzero,
First allow me to apologize for the delay in finding this post. I’m very sorry to read about this issue with the installation of your gas stove. Unfortunately the delivery teams are not able to connect Gas appliances. This requires one of our certified Installation teams and you should have been contacted by the team local to your area to come out and provide that service for you if you in fact paid for installation. We most certainly want to investigate this on your behalf to ensure this has been taken care of. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this situation. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Eightzero) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares

Eightzero said...

Thanks for the try, but no, you had the opportunity to fix it when you delivered, and I was flat refused by the installers' manager on the phone. You're sorry not because you hosed a long time customer, but because I called you on it publicly.

I just replaced my Kenmore washer with a Fridegaire from Best Buy. The delivery was perfect, the machine very nice. I never even considered a Sears/ Kenmore unit, and am rather glad I have one less Sears appliance in the house. When the Kenmore dryer goes, I'll go back to Best Buy.

Best of luck.