Monday, September 06, 2010

Novitzky's first interview with Floyd Landis


Jeff Novitzky
: Did you ever dope while on Postal?
Floyd Landis: You make it sound like it's some remote fucking experience in ancient history. Man, you don't leave Lance's team. Once you're in, they got you for life.
JN: And Lance?
FL: Armstrong's an untouchable. Highest clearance. Hamilton, Leipheimer, the Spaniards, all dopers.
JN: What about Bruyneel?
FL: Bruyneel was a pimp. A bagman for Tailwind. Ran blood bags to McQuaid when he was on our side. McQuaid was almost with us till we tried to whack him. Everybody keeps flipping sides. It's fun and games.
JN: How does the UCI figure in this?
FL: They're dopers too. UCI and Tailwind worked together for years trying to whack out the mick. There's more to this than you could dream! Check out something called "Operation Mongoose." FDA, LeEquipe stuff. They're in charge. But who the fuck pulls whose chain? Who knows? "Oh, what a deadly web we weave when we practice to deceive."
JN: Did Lance dope?
FL: Why don't you fucking stop it? Shit! This is too big for you, you know that? What did Lance do? Fuck! It's a mystery. It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! The dopers don't even know! Don't you get it? Fuck, man! I can't keep talking like this! They'll fucking kill me! I'll fucking die! Son of a bitch!
JN: It's all right.
FL: I don't know what happened. Fuck! All I wanted in the world was to be a bike racer. Have a descent bike. Pedal. Serve Merkcx. I had one terrible fucking weakness. And they shunned me! Then I started to lose everything.
JN: You'll be okay, Floyd. You just talk to us on the record. We'll protect you, I guarantee it.
FL: They'll get to you too. They'll destroy you. They're untouchable. I'm so fucking exhausted, I can't see straight.

No comments: